About - UPSC - Civil Service Examination
Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination
Paper – I (General Studies)
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change (General Science)
Paper – II (Civil Services Aptitude Test, CSAT)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.- Class X level)
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. - Class X level)